May 11 – 13th, 2018
Sagra del Pesce – The Fish Festival in Camogli
Read more about this even on my previous blog The Fish Festival in Camogli
Friday, May 11th:
- 7.30 pm: food stands with a typical Ligurian specialities accompanied by Live music
Saturday, May 12th:
- 12.30 pm till 7.30 pm: gastronomic stall with Ligurian specialties – yummy!
- 2.00pm till late: Street Market of Saint Fortunato
- 8.30 pm: Traditional religious procession with the ark of Saint Fortunato and crucified Christs of Genoese confraternities
- 11.15 pm: Spettacolo Pirotecnico – The Fireworks starts!
- 11.30 pm: Traditional bonfires organized by Porto and Pineto quarters
Sunday, May 13th: The actual Sagra del Pesce
- 09.30 am – award ceremony of the contest “A poster for the Sagra del Pesce”
- 10.00 am – Blessing of the fish and frying pan
- from 10.15 am to 12.30 pm and than from 3 pm to 5.00 pm: let’s eat some fried fish!
Some final thoughts:
I used to like this event but lately it gets too crowded….therefore you might have a real difficulty to find a parking place. I would suggest arrive by train or a boat.
- Train schedule in my previous blog, Seeing Italy by train.
- Boat information, here.
© all photos by @ZuziCamogli
Please respect the copyright rules or karma is going to bite YOU! lol
Stay on top of things:
If YOU enjoyed my blog, Sign up for newsletters plus check out my daily Intagram stories.
What else to say? Have fun!